A while ago we had an Exchange 2003 server on which the IMAP service would not start. The below error was displayed after trying to start it.
We found that the Logon Profile was disabled. To resolve this do the following:
- Click on Start and in Run type services.msc then hit enter
- Look for the Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service. Right Click it and choose Properties
- When the properties dialog opens click on the Log On tab
- Under Hardware Profile click on the profile (i.e. Profile 1) and then click on Enable
- Click on Apply and OK
- Right click the Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service and click on Start.
The Microsoft Exchange IMAP Service should now start.