I received the error “This program has encountered an unknown error.” When installing CentOS. At the end of the report it had details about RAID and I remembered that the disk was part of a RAID.
To get rid of the RAID config:
- Restart the server.
- At the menu choose Troubleshooting Choose Rescue a CentOS system.
- You will be asked to make a selection, type in 1 and press enter.
- You will see a prompt “Please press return to get a shell.
- Press the enter key Under “Rescue Mount” check which disk you need to configure i.e. sdb
- Now type: dmraid -E -r /dev/yourDisk i.e. (dmraid -E -r /dev/sda1)
- You will be asked if you want to erase “isw”. type y and press enter.
- Reboot your server and install CentOS 7
Here’s a video showing the screenshots I took: