Just a quick video on installing MonoDev in Linux Mint 17.1
1. Open your web browser and browse to the MonoDev Website to copy the GPG Key and the repository link.
2. Open your terminal and run sudo (and paste the GPG key signing key from the above website here) then press enter
3. Now type sudo (and paste the link to the repository from the above website here) press enter
4. Install Mono Develop by running the following in your terminal: sudo apt-get install monodevelop
5. Type y when prompted to download and install the package
6. Open Mono Develop after the installation has finished. If it does not open try points 7 and 8 below
7. Type sudo apt-get install mono-devel and press enter. Enter y to download and install the package
8. Type sudo apt-get install libmono-cairo2.0-cil and press enter. Enter y to download and install the package
You should now be able to open and use Mono Develop. Below is a tutorial video I made to show you how to install Mono Develop using the above steps.